How to take care of skin in winters
Winter is a soothing season away from the scorching heat so most people like it, but it is harsh on your health and skin too. Thus,one should be careful about his/her skin and health. Winters mostly result in dry, rough and itchy skin because in this season moisture of the skin tends to disappear. Following these tips in winters can act as a miracle for your skin.
- Hydrate your skin from within by drinking lots of water. Carry a water bottle with you when you go outside. Herbal tea is also great during this time. Your skin will soon have a healthy glow. So drink up and don’t let your skin go thirsty.
- One good option would be to put moisture back into the air. A humidifying system can help your skin remain supple instead of cracked and dry. You can buy a system from your local drug store.
- A good body scrub and facial exfoliant can help remove dead cells from your skin. Add this to your cleansing routine once a week. Not only will you feel fresh but your skin will be free from all that old dry cells. Now you’re ready to moisturize!This will help protect your skin from moisture loss. Choose one that comes in an ointment form as it will contain 80% oil. Creams and lotions may tend to dry out the skin rather than keep it moisturised and soft.
- Don’t say goodbye to your sunscreen just because summer is over. Before you leave your house, apply a sunscreen with at least an SPF of 15 or more. This will protect your skin from the harmful winter elements. Alternatively, choose a product that combines a sunscreen with a moisturiser.
- It’s simple but it works! Why expose your hands to the chilly weather. Choose a good quality pair of gloves that does not irritate the skin. If you’re allergic to wool, wear a cotton mitten underneath. It will help keep your hands supple and warm.
- Although it doesn’t taste very great,flaxseed oil can moisturise your body from within. Since it is rich in vital fatty acids it can do a lot for your overall health. It is available in oil as well as in capsule forms.
- Now,how does a jojoba oil or sweet almond oil bath sound to you? Relaxing isn’t it! You don’t have to keep these for holidays.Nourish your skin by adding a few drops of this oil into your every day bath ritual.It will do wonders for your skin.
- Yes, sadly so the blow drier is not your friend in winters. Try the tousled look or the wavy style this winter. Hot air,dries out your scalp and can irritate your skin as well. So give the blow drier a miss this cold season.